Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, February 4, 2008

RELATIONSHIP ABOVE RELEVANCE. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
15 Then Moses said, “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place. 16 How will anyone know that you look favorably on me—on me and on your people—if you don’t go with us? For your presence among us sets your people and me apart from all other people on the earth.” 17 The Lord replied to Moses, “I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name.”
Exodus 33:15-17

Observation:
I love the way Moses places His relationship with God above success and relevance. He doesn’t want a blessing without God’s company in the process. He would rather stay in the desert with God than go to the Promised Land without God. Moses understood that God’s presence among them was the key for Israel’s success and distinction. Moses could have God’s presence all for himself. But Moses was vehement in sharing that blessing with the people. Even though the Israelites were stubborn, Moses truly loved them and wanted them to experience a friendship with God just like his. God honors his request and grants him even more of his presence.

Application:
How awesome to walk closer to God as we go in the journey of life! Meaningless to serve him without intimacy with Him, or to grow a church without friendship with God. We must be willing to trade all the relevance and effectiveness of the world for intimacy with God. We can have both, but if we must chose one, we must value our friendship with God above our effectiveness. We don’t want to arrive to the destination with regrets. We would rather arrive a little later, but closer to God, than arrive sooner, far away for God. While in the journey, we will be tested to chose relevance above relationship. We cannot loose this test!

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me and for looking into my life with so much favor and grace. Please help me to pass the test when relevance is more attractive than relationship. I don’t want this journey if implies my separation from your presence. I want a heart that will always move according to where your presence moves. I truly believe that your will is for me to be closer and closer to You every single day. I don’t want a big church, or more influence, or more recognition, or more titles if you are not going to be with me. I love you more than anything! Amen!

No comments: