Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, February 4, 2008

PLEASING WORDS AND THOUGHTS. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
May the words of my mouth, and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Observation:
This is one of my favorite David's prayers. His desire is to please God in the outcome of his expressions. He wants each word and each thought to be pleasing before God. Such outcome is the direct result of the intake. Few verses before David muses in how much he loves God’s Word. David breathes in the principles of God and exhales word and thoughts that are pleasing to God. Just like we breathe in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, there’s a transformation in our lives when we submit to the truth of God’s Word.

Application:
If we want the exterior fruit of words and thoughts that please God, first we must plant the seeds of God’s words and thoughts in our heart. Many times we focus so much in the exterior that we forget the importance of cultivating the interior. Words and thoughts that please God come from our heart when we are diligent to intake regularly His words and thoughts. My diligence must focus in breathing in the Word of God. The Holy Spirit’s job is to work inside my heart and produce things that please God. But if I don’t give the Holy Spirit what He uses to change me, I cannot blame him for a bad fruit. He is always faithful to take my love for God’s Word and turn it into words and thoughts that please God.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, the prayer of my heart is for me to be diligent in loving your Word, in meditating in your commands, in thinking about them often, and in applying them in my life. Please let the transformation of my heart be a reality when I take your revelation and you convert it into incarnation. I want to speak and think like you do! May this season in my life be a time for me to embrace your Word with a stronger desire and more genuine passion. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you! Amen!

No comments: