Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I SURRENDER ALL. By Ken Primeau

Scripture
But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:24

Observation
Paul was bold and confident for the Lord. Here he tells us that he knows that pain and sorrow is ahead of him. He knows that they end of his life will most likely be at the hands of persecutors who martyr him. But Paul doesn’t shy away from this. He boldly declares that he does not consider his life to be of value to him. He is only concerned with completing the race that God has for him. He only cares about accomplishing the calling that God asked him to do, which is preaching the gospel.

Paul learned what it means to give your life to Christ. He not only said “yes” to Jesus, but also transferred kingship of his life over to God. No longer did he live for his desires and wants. Paul surrendered all to live for Christ and partner in the God’s mission to bring people back to himself.

Application
I’m not there yet in my walk. I still hold onto selfishness. I still am concerned with myself: how I look to others, what I get out of things, etc...

God has been speaking to me lately saying, “I need you to surrender all to me. Lay down your life, your pride, your fears, your desires. Then I can use you in ways you can’t even imagine.” I truly desire to lose my pride and selfishness and to really live my life for Christ, to the point of actually being willing to die for him. He might not ask me to by martyred, but he wants me to martyr my selfishness, pride, fears, etc... so that I fully live for Him and his kingdom.

Prayer
“Lord, continue to prune away my selfish desires. Help me to become a man of God who keeps your priorities at the center of my heart. I surrender all to you and let you lead my life. Use my life as a pleasing sacrifice to you. IJNA.”

No comments: