Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, February 29, 2008

COMPLAINING BUILD UP. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
They went to Moses and Aaron and said, “You have gone too far! Everyone in Israel has been set apart by the Lord, and He is with all of us. What right do you have to act as though you are greater that anyone else among all these people of the Lord?”
Numbers 16:3

Observation:
Korah, Dathan, and Abiram were full time complainers among the ranks of the Levites. Their constant discussions and venting infected 250 other prominent leaders of Israel. As a result, they not only rebelled against Moses and Aaron, but against God. They sounded very spiritual, yet they were very carnal. Their rebellion end up in all kinds of problems, tragedy for themselves, and a plague for the people infected with their complaining.

Application:
As a leader is easy to empathize with Moses and get on his side. We think that anyone who dares to oppose us is going to end up swallowed by the earth. Yet, I need to see this on my own relationship with God. How much do I complain of my current situations? Do I realize the complaining can become a habit that will end up growing and growing until a disaster happens? There’s no point in giving time, effort, and words to complaining. When things get difficult, I must clean my heart right away and find sincere contentment in the provisions of the Lord. I don’t want to build up a mountain of nasty complains behind my back that will end up crushing my life, my ministry, and those around me. I must stay pure and holy in this area!

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you for warning me against complaining in my own life and for teaching me how to deal with people that complain. Help us to move from a complaining attitude to a thankful attitude. teach me to deal with authorities when there are disagreements. Help me to be patient with those who disagree with me and instruct us how to stay always respectful of one another. Lord Jesus, I’m truly convinced that you are King over all, including when I deal with complaining leaders. Please help me to arrive in a place where relationships are not severed, but where the truth is spoken with love and humility. Guide all our leaders to a place where they can heal from a complaining spirit Amen.

No comments: