Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FOLLOWING HIS CLOUD. By Kamu Sing

Scripture
In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.
Exodus 40:36-38

Observation
The Israelites were so faithful to serving God. They paid very close attention to every detail that the Lord had instructed them so that His presence could be made known at the tent of meeting. Their passion for God to be near them drove them to serve in this way. It seems they would do anything for God to be there. They had every intention to be where God was. And if it meant moving camp, they would. If at anytime the cloud of the Lord moved, they would follow.

Application
In my life, this is an exact illustration of how I desire to live. Wherever God is, that’s where I want to be. If God moves, so will I. A lot of times, though, we as Christians or even just people in general, get so comfortable and content with how life is. We settle into what we are used to and are fixed on how things are, to being what God wants. But yet sometimes God calls us to change, He moves His cloud to a different spot and it really is up to us to make a decision to follow. I’m headed toward a season of change and am certain that it’s moving with the cloud of the Lord. This reading confirms with words what I have in my heart to continue to follow after Him no matter how unfamiliar or uncertain I may be.

Prayer
Lord, I believe in Your best for my life. As I walk and grow in this next season, would you continue to provide Your presence in everything I do. I would never want to stray from Your cloud, that if You move, I would be right behind You ready to do as You would instruct of me. I trust in Your plans and not mine. I am Yours. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: