Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

JUST AS HE COMMANDS. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the LORD had commanded. So Moses blessed them.
Exodus 39:43

Observation:
18 times in Exodus 39 and 40 alone the author presses the point that the things they did with the priestly garments and the tabernacle was precisely as was commanded by the Lord. Almost in every verse, the words “as the Lord commanded Moses/him” is written. As I read through these chapters of Exodus, the chorus “as the Lord commanded” got more familiar and resounded louder with each verse. In verse 43 it says Moses inspected the work of the Israelites and sees that the work they did was just as the Lord had commanded them, so he blesses them. Moses teaches me two things this morning. The first is to pay close attention to the finest detail of what you are instructed to do and pass on the information in tact without changing it. The second is to be able to see that the execution is complete and to bless.

Application:
When I was in production, I had to follow the director’s instructions to the t. And when I delegated, I had to make sure that I passed on what the director said, not what I thought he meant. There was no room for any miscommunication, for a slight misunderstanding would cost thousands of dollars a minute. It was vital to the shoot that everyone was doing just as was commanded. I would venture to say that it’s the same in all things that unity is key to the success of the mission. If I were standing right in front of Moses, I can hear him telling me that more important than me understanding the reason of the instruction, is me hearing, without prejudice, exactly what the command is and to execute as such. I can hear him telling me that when the Lord gives a specific command, that is all the reason I need to make sure the command is executed. And always to remember that relationship is most important at the end of the day and when all the work is done, to bless.
How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will pay attention so I can hear instructions in detail to apply to my life, so I can give instruction clearly and I will bless at the end of the day.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for the details in my life, many of which may not make sense at the time, but in the plans you have for me, it turns out to make all the sense in the world. Thank you that you give me Moses to learn that I must listen so carefully to the details for myself, so I know how to pass on the information accurately and so that I know how to observe that it is accomplished. Thank you Lord that you are a God of relationships. Help me always to remember that I am to bless at the end of the day.

No comments: