Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, February 29, 2008

GOD'S LIMITLESS POWER. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
But Moses said, “There are 600,000 foot soldiers here with me, and yet you promised them meat for a whole month! Even if we butchered all our flocks and herds, would that satisfy them? Even if we caught all the fish in the sea, would that be enough”? Then the Lord said to Moses, “Is there any limit to my power? Now you will see whether or not my word comes true!” Numbers 11:21-23

Observation:
Moses here is complaining to God. He is rationalizing what God has called him to do and became doubtful of God’s power. But God, in a gentle way, remind moses of who He is and dares him to see what He is about to do. God instructed Moses to tell the people to wait for meat. The task was very difficult to accomplish given the resources and the size of the challenge. Yet, nothing is impossible to God. There is no limit for his power. He can do whatever He wants! His word comes true right in front of their eyes as He provides quail for the Israelites to eat meet until they are sick of it!

Application:
Very often I have a hard time believing In God’s promises for His people. Like Moses, I also end up telling God how big our difficulties are. Instead of telling God how big my problems are, I need to tell my problem how big my God is! It is very important that I continue speaking God’s promises to people. But more important of all, is that I must believe that those promises will become true, whether I think is hard or not. God’s limitless power can reach anything, anyone, at anytime, anywhere. I need to learn how to complain before God. It’s OK to express my unbelief before the Lord, but I must always trust that in my interaction with Him, I will always be overwhelmed by the fact that He is the Almighty God! He can do whatever He wants.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, please forgive me for the many times I doubt in your promises and in your limitless power to accomplish them. Your word will come true in my life and in those around me. Please teach me how to wrestle with you when your promise seems impossible to me. I don’t want to be irreverent, nor unbelieving. I just want to be honest, but never forgetting that you can do whatever you want. Let my life be a reflection of your limitless power. And let us be a church where you can do whatever you want to do. I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments: