Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, February 18, 2008

CONDITIONAL BLESSINGS. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
I will live among you, and I will not despise you. I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people.
Leviticus 26:11-12

Observation:
The blessings listed in this chapter work under a conditional premise. If the people obeys God’s ways, then they will prime their lives for a life of abundance and blessing. This would cover their financial prosperity, their health, their peace, their success as a nation of leaders, and more than anything, God’s favor and presence among them. All those blessings are tied to the condition of Israel keeping God’s laws and obeying God’s commands. Among all the blessings of obedience promised to Israel, this is the one that is the most attractive of all--relationship with God.

Application:
My obedience and keeping of God’s ways in my daily affairs is what keeps God’s promises for me alive. God is faithful to fulfill all his promises. However, we must remember that we are not faithful to keep our covenant with the Lord. We cannot demand God’s part of the covenant when we are not following our part of the covenant. Very often I listen to people that want God’s blessings and the perks of relationship with him, but they don’t want to follow God’s ways. We forget that God’s love is unconditional, but many of his blessings are not. We want to abuse God’s mercy and love, so we demand God to show us his love by blessing us, even when we disobey His instructions for life. One important key to live under God’s blessings is obedience. And I need to look first at my side of the covenant before anything else. God is faithful to fulfill his promises as long as I’m faithful to walk diligently in all His ways.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, Thank you so much for loving me in spite of my disobedience. Let me walk in obedience before you, following all your ways, humbling and repenting when I walk away form them, restoring always my relationship with you through repentance, and seeking first the kingdom of God and your righteousness. Let me be diligent in honoring my side of the covenant, living in such a way that I don’t disqualify myself from your promises. Help me to discern what is unconditional and what is conditional. I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments: