Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

REVEALING JESUS IN ME. By Ken Primeau

Scripture
“But when He who had set me apart, even from my mother’s womb, and called me through His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles...” Galatians 1:15-16

Observation
That is such a cool phrase: “to reveal His Son in me.” Paul understood well what it meant to be a “Christian”. It meant that God had called him to be Jesus to people. Through his life, God would reveal who Jesus was. His life would be a revelation of God’s Son to people who didn’t know God.

Application
I know Paul was an extraordinary man, but I believe all Christians have the same calling through God’s grace: to be Jesus to people who don’t know God. We are today the revelation of Jesus Christ. Inside of us dwells His Spirit and He guides us to live how Jesus lived.
We often hear, “you might be the only bible that many people will ever read”. I think that holds so true. Jesus was the “living word”, he was the word of God lived out in flesh and blood. We as “Christians” or “little-Christs” are the “living word” and non-Christians will read us. Because of this, how I live is just as important as what I believe. Often we think that right thinking is the key, but people will impacted by our lifestyles, not our theology.

Prayer
“Lord, I pray that you would help me to keep today’s lesson in mind as I walk through my day. Please use my life to be a revelation of your Son! Use me to reach people who don’t yet know you. Lord, I don’t want to live as a hypocrite. Please burn from my life anything that is not of you. IJNA.”

No comments: