Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, March 10, 2008

ONE 'NATION" AT A TIME. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
The Lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. Deuteronomy 7:22

Observation:
Moses told the Israelites that God was going to destroy the occupants of the land. There were many different nations, and God was going to eliminate them one at a time. God was going to deliver the foreign nations over to the Israelites. The nations were stronger and the people were afraid, but Moses directed their thoughts to being faithful to God, keeping His commandments and how not to allow any of their idols, etc into their lives.

Application:
God chose to destroy the existing nations one by one. Going through a healing process, I see how that pattern pertains to my life, too. I know God can heal me completely at a moment’s notice, but I am going through the process, step by step While in the old Testament it was a nation, for me each nation represents an area of brokenness. I sometimes feel restless, but when my perspective is on the Lord, I know the value of leaning into the Lord and surrendering it all to Him and His perfect timing. When I reflect, I can see how the Lord is transforming my life. It’s gradual, but it is happening. Sometimes in the moment, I just can’t see it, but God is with me. With each step, it’s a molding my heart more to Him, it’s digging deep into my heart to know what’s in it. It’s bearing His image more clearly.
How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will keep leaning on the Lord to reveal the loyalty to the “nations” in my heart, and to surrender to His commands.

Prayer:
Lord God, thank you that you would go before me and defeat the “nations” one by one. I repent when I hold on to any of the idols or the ways of the nation and it hinders my total allegiance to you. Father, your kingdom is the one and only nation I choose to surrender to. As you lead me Father, let me remember your command not to hold on to anything of the “nation” but to keep integrity and be rid of everything of that nation so it doesn’t snare my loyalty to the one true kingdom!

No comments: