Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BE STRONG & COURAGEOUS. By Ken Primeau

Scripture
No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous... Only be strong and very courageous... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:5-6a, 7a, 9

Observation
Joshua is a young leader. Moses, the deliverer of the Jews, the one who confronted Pharaoh and led the people through the desert, had now passed the baton to Joshua. Joshua had to lead a whole nation of people now! Not only that, but the land they were supposed to live on was inhabited by many people (some that were giants).
Joshua has a long and rocky road ahead of him, but before he does anything, God commissions him and speaks these words of encouragement over him. God repeatedly commands Joshua to be strong and courageous. Why should he be? He doesn’t have the experience necessary. He probably isn’t certain about his ability. Why should he be strong and courageous? Shouldn’t he be filled with fear? God tells him, “I will be with you. Trust me. I will go with you wherever you go!”

Application
Our confidence doesn’t rest in our track record or in our abilities. We are strong and courageous because God is with us. We trust in his leading, his provision, his direction, and his strength. As a young leader myself, there are many situations I face in which I say to myself, “I don’t have the necessary experience… I don’t have the skills… I don’t have the leadership necessary.” God is still saying today, “be strong and courageous. I am with you!”
I need to be more trusting of God! He is faithful.

Prayer
“Lord, sometimes I live in fear instead of faith. I choose to trust you and your faithfulness. Help me not to fear, but to place my trust in you. Make me bold and courageous for you. IJNA.”

No comments: