Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, March 14, 2008

PASSIONATE ABOUT SOMETHING. By Ken Primeau

Scripture
Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may be zealous for them. It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you. Galatians 4:17-18

Observation
Humans are passionate people. Some are passionate about developing a cure for AIDS, some are passionate about writing beautiful music, some are passionate about Nintendo Wii, and some are passionate about stealing. It’s okay to be passionate, but it depends on what you focus that energy towards. Paul is correcting the Galatians for potentially misplacing their passion, their zeal. Paul fears that they will become zealous for false teaching.

Application
Passion is a good thing, as long as we are passionate about the right things. TV shows and technology have the potential for me to become misplace passion instead of focusing my energy on what God has called me to do.
A person who is passionate about Christ and working for God’s kingdom is a beautiful thing. They live a life of joy and purpose. What is God calling me to be passionate about? Where should I focus my energy? These are important questions we should be asking ourselves.

Prayer
“Lord, I want to be zealous for You and your kingdom. Help me to target my energy onto kingdom things. IJNA.”

No comments: