Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MOSES' & JOSHUA'S. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
Then Joshua son of Nun secretly sent two spies from Shittim. “Go look over the land,” he said, “especially Jericho.” So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there.
Joshua 2:1

Observation:
Joshua sent two spies to check out the land they were about to enter. Just like he had been sent out by Moses with 12 others to check out the promise land for the first time. From the exodus, we read that Joshua was a constant companion to Moses. He was Moses’ shadow. It’s no wonder that he would do the same thing as they were getting ready to enter Canaan that Moses did.

Application:
I am in a season of mentoring. It started out as an “ask” and has been growing into a passion that I don’t think I necessarily would have picked for myself. It has been an incredible work of the Lord placing a love in me for those He has called for me to mentor. God being an abundant God, has used this passion for mentoring to make me aware of and tangibly address my weaknesses as well. This scripture challenges me ask a hard question; who are my Joshua’s and what are they going to replicate of me? The Bible gives us great references for different relationship dynamics, different character strengths to model after. When all is said and done, will those who I mentor see that God was the focus of my life, the source of my strength, my all in all? Will I have borne His image?

Prayer:
Father God, thank you for people in my life and especially in the Bible who can be a Moses to me. People who I can trust and follow. People I see you in. Thank you also for letting me be a Moses' to the Joshua's you put in my life. Let me be a life of integrity so that which I am passing on is what glorifies you.

No comments: