Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

YOR YOKE, NOT MINE. By Renne Takahashi

Scripture:
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Matt 11: 28-30

Observation:
Jesus knows that we are broken people. We take on things that are not God led, but flesh led. When we do things to satisfy ourselves, or to prove ourselves or to please others, over a course of time, it becomes a burden. When we are called to do something by God, He equips us for it. Jesus is reminding us that as His followers, we can trust that His ways are good, not harsh or cause for weariness. And He also comforts us by saying that when we become aware that we are off the path, we can exchange the yoke we have put on ourselves, for His.

Application:
Serving God is an overflow of our relationship with Him. I “serve” Him in every area of my life; at home, work, amongst friends. Yet in my brokenness, my motives may get skewed from time to time. I always have to heart check myself. When I am in the Lord’s will, He truly does supply all that I need and things fall in place, even if I am juggling 20 projects at once. If I am not in His will, getting one project done zaps a whole lot of energy from me.
The highlight that I get from this scripture is that Jesus not only wants me to take His yoke, but He wants me to learn of Him. To know who He is. To know His character, so I can rest in him.
How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will spend some time today sitting at His feet asking God to reveal more of Him to me and to reveal His will for me.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for loving me. Thank you for the truths you make so available to me in your word. Please help me to not only read it, but to hide it in my heart and to live by it. I come before you today and ask that you will reveal your will to me. I exchange the load I have put upon myself for your yoke. I receive your rest! Thank you for allowing me to witness the miracles you are doing in my family. May I continue to surrender us all to you. As I was in prayer you directed me back to the scripture and what you highlighted for me was to learn of you. I smile because you are so true dear Jesus… when all is said and done, it’s all about our relationship isn’t it. Thank you Lord. I love you! In your mighty name I ask that you will reveal more of you to me. The more I know you, the more I love you.

No comments: