Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

ONE TEAM. By Kim Matsukawa

SCRIPTURE:
But all the evil men and troublemakers among David's followers said, "Because they did not go out with us, we will not share with them the plunder we recovered. However, each man may take his wife and children and go." David replied, "No, my brothers, you must not do that with what the LORD has given us. He has protected us and handed over to us the forces that came against us. Who will listen to what you say? The share of the man who stayed with the supplies is to be the same as that of him who went down to the battle. All will share alike."

OBSERVATION:
The troublemakers who were a part of the 400 didn’t want to share the plunder with those the 200 that stayed back. They suggested that they only get their wives and children back, not anything else. However, David knew that this plunder was not theirs to decide who got what, it was from the Lord. The Lord had given them the means to overtake the Amalekites and make sure that nothing was missing. David saw the 200 as still part of the team, even though all they did was stay back and watch the supplies. He saw them as one team, not divided.

APPLICATION:
In paddling, we are learning a few things like you are only as strong as you’re weakest link. You are only as strong as the person sitting next to you, so if you need to, you have to come down to their level. Everyone is a part of the victory even if you didn’t race because when you practiced together, there were those in the boat that helped to make you stronger. Sometimes I feel like I’m one of the 200, the one that stayed back. The reason is that I feel like I’m the weakest link, that I tire out so quickly, I’m the one who isn’t reaching far enough or twisting enough. My brain then becomes the evil ones of the 400 telling me that I’m not good enough and that I don’t deserve the victory because they were the ones that pulled the boat, not me, the weak one. I am learning that I need to get in better shape for the team so that I don’t become either injured or disappointed in myself for not doing better. I want to be able to be a part of both sides, so when a new person comes in, who hasn’t paddled before, I can give them the encouragement they need to paddle with their not only their strength, however with their heart also.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, forgive me for not having the faith that You have given me to know that I can do all things through You. I pray that every time, all through the race, yet I doubt myself because of the tiredness and soreness. However You are faithful, You bring me through it and even take away the minor aches and pains that day. Through You, I have become successful at my level. I thank you for being beside me through the whole race, just gently pushing me to go further, reach farther, and twist more. I pray that You stick with me through this season of learning and growing. Please be with me as I learn more about You and more about myself with You as my guide. Amen.

No comments: