Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THE POSTURE OF A LEADER. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
"...and David went out wherever Saul sent him, and he prospered and behaved himself wisely; and Saul set him over the men of war. And it was satisfactory both to the people and to Saul’s servants... David acted wisely in all his ways and succeeded, and the Lord was with him."
1 Sam 18:5, 14

Observation:
David was anointed to be king. His position, status, future was already set. However, he used all the situations, conditions, and challenges before him as opportunities to groom himself for the throne. A leader needs to be groomed. From the scriptures above, I see some important traits that prepared him to be the great king that he was. He was obedient and loyal. He went wherever Saul sent him. He followed instruction and honored his authority. He prospered. He made good choices, was a good steward, was respected. He behaved wisely in all areas of his life. He knew how to carry himself properly, how to conduct himself. Both his contemporaries as well as the servants respected him. He must have been very respectful, trustworthy and honoring in his ways. And most importantly, he allowed God to be with him.

Application:
As a leader of myself, of my children, in my community, how much am I allowing God to be with me? How often am I at His feet listening to His counsel and direction? How often are my thoughts, plans, words focused on Him? Am I honoring others, being a good steward, behaving wisely in all that I do? God is grooming me, for I am His daughter and I want to posture myself as a woman of the court… careful of what I input so the output will be of truth, am I conducting myself in ways that honor God, and I obedient, am I using the opportunities for grooming to bring glory to God?

Prayer:
Father God, I come with heavy heart. Please forgive me for the many times I have attended to task and pushed back time with you. Forgive me that I have missed many appointments with you. I regret that you can’t use me fully because I have not made myself available to you consistently and purposefully. Thank you for your grace.
In Jesus’ mighty name I pray… amen

No comments: