Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

FOLLOW THROUGH. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.
2 Corinthians 8:11

Observation:
This scripture refers to giving, but today, I see it as a general principle for follow through. I am advised to finish up what I say I am going to do so integrity is reflected in me. Follow through is something that is sometimes considered a burden. It’s not the creativity of planning, or the excitement of executing, it’s the “chore” of following through. However, this is the one piece that makes or breaks credibility.

Application:
Trust is built on the follow through. If I consistently follow through with what I say I am going to do, then people can follow me without knowing all the information up front. I can sell my idea because I am eager and willing to do something, but if I don’t complete it, then I lose credibility and people can’t depend on me. I may have the greatest intentions, but they are only intentions until I actually complete them. I stop to wonder… what areas in my life am I eager to do something, but it is not matched by my actions. Will people be able to follow me because they know I will follow through with them? That they won’t be left holding the bag?
How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will pay attention to dotting my i’s and crossing my t’s in all situations.

Prayer:
Dear Jesus, thank you for your words of wisdom and truth. Forgive me for the times I haven’t followed through in any area of my life, especially the times that it resulted in causing others to stumble. Help me Lord to glorify your name in all that I do by completing even the smallest works you have set before me. I love you Lord. Thank you for helping me to use follow through to build relationships of trust. In your mighty name… amen

No comments: