Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, January 28, 2008

WOMAN IN RED. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.
Exodus 12:13

Observation:
The blood of the unblemished lamb was the protection for the Israelites. The Lord would look for the blood and would not destroy those who were covered by it. Today, we don’t have to sacrifice an unblemished lamb, the blood of Jesus is permanent.

Application:
Although Jesus sacrificed his life and shed his blood for us, it is up to me to apply it to every part of my life. I must be diligent to apply it over my mind, my heart, my emotions, my health, my family, my finances, my friends, my situations. The blood has been shed by Jesus and I must by faith believe that as it was back in Egypt, the blood of Jesus today will cover me from destruction.

How will I be different today because of what I have just read? I want to be known as a woman in red. One who has a powerful story of love and redemption One who is known for always applying the blood of Christ in faith over myself and my family, my friends, my life situation. I will proclaim the cleansing and protection of the blood of Jesus over me and those around me. When there are hurts, offenses, and challenges, I will cover it with the blood of Jesus so that it doesn’t root deep in me and I will be protected from bitterness or harshness.

Prayer:
Thank you Father for showing me today that I am to go to the cross and to believe in the blood of Christ as it covers and protects me today as it did the Israelites years ago. You remain the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hallelujah. There is life in your blood, sweet Jesus. Thank you for cleansing me and protecting me. I apply the blood of Jesus over my family, my friends, our health, our finances, our ministries, our cars, our church. In the mighty and powerful name of Jesus I pray… amen

No comments: