Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, January 28, 2008

EVERYDAY MIRACLES. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture
…. Why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power of godliness we had made this man walk?
Acts 3:12

Observation
Peter and John healed a beggar that waited at the temple gate, Beautiful, every day. The beggar went walking and jumping into the temple courts praising God. The people, recognizing the beggar were filled with amazement and came running to Peter and John. Peter then uses the opportunity to teach them about Jesus that the people didn’t honor as the son of God. Instead they handed him over to be killed, and disowned him. And then he turned the glory of the man’s healing to faith in Jesus.

Application
Every week, I am honored to talk to quite a number of people. I am happy to lean more and more on the Lord for direction in each conversation. Every once in a while, there is such a profound transformation that happens and the person is thrilled for the changes that are taking place right before them. To some people, it might be common place things, but to us, it’s truly unbelievable, even miraculous. To some it might be just an ordinary act, but we see the hand of God making it extraordinary. Today, I am humbled by this scripture. These unbelievable things shouldn’t hold us by any surprise because by faith in the name of Jesus, these things should be quite ordinary. When we have total belief in Jesus, we can call upon the name of Jesus and it is in the faith that these miracles happen.
Secondly, I understand more and more the power of prayer. I love the opportunity to talk with someone because that means I get to pray with them. I love getting to pray with them because I know God is faithful. It gives God permission to take action to the situation. And I love that because we can pray, the focus is back to the Lord and how in His power the miracles happen. It isn’t their power or my power, but the power of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will be different because I will acknowledge the power of God in everything that happens around me. That though the miracles will be common place, I will keep the source of the miracle in awe.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Abba Father, Papa God, you are an awesome God. Thank you for the way you deal with each and every one of us on such a personal level. You know us by name, you know every hair upon our head. Father, we can come to you for everything. And thank you that you stretch us in faith every step of the way. I thank you for the scripture today. I repent that I doubt your power sometimes. I repent that I am surprised because of unbelief by the miracles I see before me. Father, let me see the miracles as part of our daily lives because of the faith I have in you, but never, never let me take your power as common place. I revere you, I fear you, I love you.

No comments: