Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

SEEDS OF PERSEVERANCE. By Kamu Sing

Scripture
"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop."
Luke 8:15

Observation

Jesus spoke in parables many times throughout his ministry. While doing that He explains that those who have ears will hear and those who have eyes will see. He speaks of the parable of the sower, and how there were four areas that the seed would be scattered, along the path, on the rock, among the thorns, and on good soil. As we continue reading in Luke 8, Jesus describes each place the seeds were scattered and its meaning. God calls for us to live by His word. As we do so, we will be tested. Some will have God’s word taken from their hearts by the enemy, others will not have enough root to hold themselves grounded, and even there will be those who will be choked by life and all its worries. But God calls us to retain His word and persevere.

Application
When I heard this word persevere, it was an instant reminder of what God asks from me to do daily as I strive to live for Him. Following Christ isn’t easy and was never promised to be. But as we follow Him and continually sow our seeds on fertile soil, we will grow in our maturity in Christ, being tested, and pressed to persevere through the storms that may come our way. One of the scriptures that I hold close to me is in James 1:2-4 where it speaks of us to persevere through trials and that as we do that we will be whole and complete, lacking in nothing. I don’t want to go through life missing out on all the joy that God has set before me, because of my immaturity, or lack of depth. I want to persevere through all that God has placed in my life that I may sow seed on good soil, persevere, and produce a crop full of good fruit.

Prayer
Lord, I receive Your words this morning. I choose to sow the seeds that you’ve given me on good soil. Help me to follow Your ways, the best way I know how. I choose to persevere as a sort of resolution for 2008 but more for a goal of my life. I know that it isn’t easy but with You all things are possible. Please walk along side of me and guide me as I continue pressing through in this journey of life, so that I may do Your will and nothing else. I want nothing more but to bring You glory. I love you, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: