Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

STOPPING GENERATIONAL SINS. By Ken Primeau

Scripture
When the men of the place asked about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” for he was afraid to say, “my wife,” thinking, “the men of the place might kill me on account of Rebekah, for she is beautiful.” Genesis 26:7

Observation
Isaac, the son of Abraham, failed to learn from his father’s mistakes. Abraham had twice faked that his wife was his sister so that outside rulers wouldn’t harm him. Both times we see that it wasn’t the smartest thing to do. Isaac, instead of learning from his father’s mistakes, repeats the same generational sin.

Application
We need to learn from others mistakes instead of repeating them over and over again. If we want to advance God’s kingdom, we are going to need to learn his ways not from trial and error, but from the wisdom of others.
What sins can I learn from other people instead of repeating for myself? Neglect of family, sexual sin, not spending time with my children, etc...

Prayer
“Lord, give me discernment to see my pitfalls and to learn from other’s experiences. I don’t want to repeat the same mistakes that I’ve seen others make. Teach me your ways lord so that I don’t need to fall to learn the lessons. In Jesus Name Amen.”

No comments: