Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

RESOLVED TO PRAY. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
“Daniel, I have come here to give you insight and understanding. The moment you began praying, a command was given. I am here to tell you what it was, for God loves you very much. Now listen, so you can understand the meaning of your vision."
Daniel 9:22-23

Observation:
When Daniel decides to fast and pray for the sake of his people, he came before God in humility and repentance for the corporate sins of Israel. Amazing what such attitude does! Gabriel the archangel came to provide insight and understanding, but also to encourage Daniel and to reaffirm God’s love for him. When Daniel started to p[ray with such heart, a command in heaven was given. Prayers certainly can change things supernaturally when we have the right motives and when we come requesting the will of God to be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Application:
Impossible to deny the benefits of prayer and fasting with a humble heart and on behalf of the people. Intercession is such a powerful weapon that sometimes I don’t understand why we don’t use it more often. We come with multiple excuses about our lack of prayer. We don’t have enough time, or we try few times, or God knows our requests, so no need to ask. The bottom line is that Daniel was able to tap into something greater than himself and we are invited to have the same privilege in sincere and humble prayer.

For a long time I’ve been convicted by the HS about my lack of prayer. I can see why Jesus wants us to persevere in prayer. We can truly become the light of the world as we bring the kingdom of God through genuine and effective prayer. I cannot think of my prayer time as a waste of time, or as a less productive activity in my schedule. I need to engrave in my heart that prayer sets things that I cannot see and that brings blessings that I will never be able to understand. It makes sense to me to ask for revival in my heart when it comes to prayer and fasting. I need to ask our church to come together in prayer and fasting for God’s will to be done in our midst.

Prayer:
Lord, Jesus. please forgive me for my lack of consistent and humble prayer. I am called to intercede for your people and I have neglected that post of authority. Please give me the desire to be devoted in prayer, to seek your face in humility and in repentance for the many sins of our land and our church. Please guide us into a new season of blessing that comes as a result of our humble hearts poured before you. Give us insight and understanding as we advance your kingdom, and remind us often of your faithful love for us as we continue obeying your principles, specially the call to pray and fast with a humble heart. Amen!

No comments: