Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LUKEWARM AFFECTIONS. By Pastor Jan Tomai

Scripture:
"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."
Rev. 3:14-15

Observation:
God speaks to us being lukewarm in our affections toward Him more then one way. Rev. 3:1 says, "I know your works that you are alive, but you are dead." Luke 6:46 says, "Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do the things that I say?" God is always speaking to the core of our attitudes and motives. His love is to draw us closer to Him in simple obedience for our everyday lives.

Application:
I struggle to give up my own selfish concerns that keep me from being closer to God each and everyday. I feel silly and immature when I realize how much time I spend thinking about "what I want, what I need, what will make me feel better! All of these "wants" keep me from hearing God.

Prayer:
Lord, forgive me for my selfish attitude. Continue to teach me to do and care about the things that you care about that You are glorified. Thank You for Your grace that I do not deserve.

No comments: