Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

COMPREHENSIVE MIRACLES. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
But when Jesus heard what had happened, he said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid, just trust me, and she will be alright.” Luke 8:50

Observation:

These three phrases Jesus tells Jairus, upon the news of the death of her 12 year-old daughter, are charged with hope and encouragement. In the midst of a tragedy and its consequent pain, Jesus deals with the top three human feelings: fear, distrust, and uncertainty. Fear because the pain is too big to deal with the situation. Distrust because we wonder why God would allow a tragedy to happen. And uncertainty because we don’t know the outcome of the tragedy. Once the Lord Jesus intervenes, just as Jairus requested, He will come to address these human emotions. What Jesus did not only did a miracle in Jairus’ daughter. He also did a miracle in Jairus’ heart. The miracle of the girl is very impressive, but we cannot undermine the miracle in Jairus’ heart.

Application:
No matter the tragic event or difficulty we are going through, when we ask Jesus to come to our rescue, He will always address our fears, our lack of trust, and the uncertainty of the future. He will replace them with courage, trust, and confidence. In my view, when Jesus intervenes in a difficult situation, He comes and deals comprehensively, touching all the areas in our lives that are affected. Jesus is a master when dealing with multiple challenges and complex situations. We can certainly rest assured that He will always use our circumstances to bring blessing and to build a better character in our lives.

As I go through difficult seasons, I’m encouraged by Jesus comprehensive miracles. He is not only working in the surface. He is also dealing with the deep issues of the heart. This gives me confidence to share with others as they go through their tragedies and complex situations. I can truly say to them, “Don’t be afraid, trust the Lord Jesus, and everything is going to be alright.”

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for dealing comprehensively with all the issues in my life when going through a difficult time. Thank you for helping me to face my fears and to find victory as I find strength in you. Thank you for teaching me how to build more trust in you as I continue depending in your power, love, and grace. And also, thank you for giving hope about the future outcome of my life as I face the ripple effects of a tragedy. I know deep in my heart that your presence makes a huge difference and that my future is secured. Amen!

No comments: