Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LEGACY OF RIGHEOUTSNESS. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
“What?” You ask. “ Doesn’t the child pay for the parent’s sins?” No! For if the child does what is right and keeps my laws , that child will surely live.
Ezekiel 18:19

Observation:
God is righteous and just. He will always turn to and bless a person that wants to do right, even if their environment and their upbringing incline them to do wrongdoing. Numbers 14:18 says, “The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.” This may seem a contradiction. God has always been just. The curse upon generations for the sins of the fathers is real, but is irrevocable and breakable. If the children live righteously, that course will never become a reality. God is just.

Application:
Many people use their parents as an excuse for their wrongdoing. The truth is that we all have a fair shot at doing what is right. It may be more difficult to those who have an environment that promotes sin. But also there is wrongdoing in families that promotes righteousness. God is going to deal with me for my personal sins, not for the sins of my parents or the sins of my children. For that reason I need to continue walking in righteousness, developing a character that is more Christlike, and raising my children in the ways of God. My greatest legacy and inheritance for my children will be a lifestyle of devotion to God. I have a small window of opportunity to raise my children in a way that the will love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength. I need to be more intentional and passionate about shaping their character and helping them to develop the right habits that will make them not just successful in life, but also more dependent on God and in His presence.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being so faithful and just, for dealing with my sin, and for not allowing the course of the law to take effect in my family line. Let us continue bringing righteousness into our family DNA and give each generation a new zeal to honor you and to become more like you. Amen!

No comments: