Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

REMARKABLE OBEDIENCE. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
“...The next morning I did everything I had been told to do.”
Ezekiel 24:18

Observation:
What an amazing character Ezekiel portrays, His lifestyle was of remarkable obedience because he was swift to obey. No rationalizing, no excuses! He simply does what he has been told to do. He displays the attitude of a servant by being obedient voluntarily. He is not forced to be obedient, but he becomes obedient because of his unwavering character. There’s much to learn form someone like Ezekiel.

Application:
I am far away from being as remarkable as Ezekiel. Even though I’m not an evil person doing horrible deeds, my character allows excuses to be slow, and even apathetic towards God’s desires for me. I’ve been lacking discipline to listen to God and to make serious decisions and changes in my lifestyle. I talk about change, but I don’t walk the path of change. I have good intentions, but I have no actions. It seems that I chose a side of apathy, waiting for some reward without paying the price, and avoiding diligence to self-evaluate my progress.

I will always remember while in the army how I used to be known for my remarkable obedience. My superiors were delighted at my swift, “don’t ask why just do it“ attitude. I even put baby powder once all over my face just to please the order of a superior. If I can do something so meaningless for someone not so important, why I cannot be diligent to do something significant for my God and Savior? I need lots of repentance on this... and the best way to walk in repentance is to humble myself and walk again the path of dependency on His voice and remarkable obedience to God. That’s why King David was chosen instead of King Saul. David was vehement to obey. Saul was willing to reinterpret God’s ways according to his selfish wishes. I don’t want to become a Saul... I want to embrace the attitude that great men of faith like David and Ezekiel had. Above all things, I want to be obedient to the smallest wishes of my King.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, this is probably the core of my sinful nature exposed. Everything that breaks relationship with you and that steals blessings form my life is at the core of my attitude towards your instructions for my life. There are clear instructions in your Word that you want me to follow. But also there are specific instructions for my life that I’ve been neglecting for a while. Whatever the reason for such character flaw, please forgive me for this apathy towards your instructions. Let me learn a remarkable obedience as you continue giving me grace and favor to be on this world. Let me train under your kind, yet firm classroom. Help me to move everything in my towards this kind of character. I know my spirit is willing, but my body is weak. So please, come and restore anything in my heart that resists your will or that remains unmotivated to obey. Amen!

No comments: