Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'M CHOSEN. By Renee Takahashi.

Scripture:
Even as He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.
Ephesians 1:4

Observation:
I belong to Jesus. God chose me. Even before the foundation of the world. He chose me to be set apart for Him. Learning more of who God is, I know that God knows everything about me. He knows it all. So the fact that He chose me is so profound. He set me apart above reproach. He knew all my faults and weaknesses and still He chose me. He didn’t choose me only to get disappointed, He already knew of who I am… He created me. I don’t have to carry the burden of guilt for sinning. God offers hope for me. He believes in me. He is working in me.

Application:
I receive God’s love. I will thank Him for it. I will receive that I belong to Him. I am not a puppy that didn’t turn out the way the buyer expected him to, only to give him back. No, God knew all about me and chose me anyway. Jesus knew I was going to sin and died for me anyway. How will I be different today because of what I have just read? I will spend time worshiping God and thanking Him for choosing me; for giving me a place to belong.

Prayer:
Father God, thank you that your are good. Thank you for choosing me as yours. I belong to you. I lift your name. I adore you. I receive your love and want to be a channel for it to flow freely through.

No comments: