Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BOLD S A LION. By Renee Takahashi

Scripture:
The wicked flee when no man pursues them, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1

Observation:
Even if no one is truly after them, the wicked, because of their conscience and their guilt always feel like they have to look over their shoulder. They are always running in fear of being exposed. On the contrary, someone who is righteous can be bold like a lion. Being bold means to be steadfast in what we believe and to act accordingly. And being bold will mean making mistakes along the way, but the difference is to keep trying. Being bold means to step out in faith when stirred by the Holy Spirit and if I heard wrong, then to not give up but to try again. It is a process we learn, to sharpen our ears to the Spirit.

Application:
I want to be a lion! To have the heart of a lion… BOLD! Not in me, but in Jesus. I don’t want to hide behind my personal brokenness, fears, insecurities any longer. Instead I want to exchange that for what the Lord is offering me… boldness in Him. I want to be all that God has called me to be. I want to ROOOAARR His goodness! How will I be different today because of what I have just read? I will surrender to where the Holy Spirit will lead me and step out in faith to the things the Lord is calling me to.

Prayer:
Father God, thank you that you give me the boldness of a lion through the Holy Spirit. May I be keen to the prompting of the Spirit and quick to obey by putting it to action. I ask for your grace Father if I was not clear and make a mistake and ask that you would put me on track quickly. Here I am Lord, your willing servant… In Jesus’ mighty name… amen

No comments: