Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

BECAUSE HE LOVES ME. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken... But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.

Observation:
The psalmist reflects in God’s faithfulness and unfailing love. Regardless of our poor decisions and mistakes, God’s plan for our lives stand firm forever. His intention to give us a hope and a future cannot be shaken easily. He promised His blessing and favor to be with us, and as long as we depend on Him and fear Him, His promises will not depart from us. In verse 18, the psalmist defines one aspect of the “fear of the Lord” as relying in God’s unfailing love. This is important, because very often we will doubt God’s unfailing love for us.

Application:
Amazing how the enemy uses any opportunity to causes us doubt in God’s unfailing love. When we sin, we thing His love will not cover our faults. When we suffer, we thing His love has forgotten us. When things go right, we think that we deserve His love. for some reason or another, our tendency is to view God’s love in many different ways. God’s Word reminds us how his love really is. Everything happening in our lives, good or bad, occurs because of God’s love. I don’t need to be afraid of missing or wasting blessings. His plans for my life will not change because my mistakes as long as I trust in His love for me and I come back to the right path. Very often I struggle in my mind about loosing God’s favor when I slip. I need to remember that because He loves me, He will not give up on me. I need to find comfort in His unfailing love and confidence that His plans for me are not rewritten every time I fail. He is faithful to me and His good plans for me will continue on track.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me with such unfailing and everlasting love. I don’t deserve your mercy, but I receive your love. Help me to build more confidence in my journey as I defeat my thoughts and fears of abandonment, especially when I slip from your path of righteousness. Help me to remember always hat because you love me, my future is secured and my life is destined for blessing. Thank you for loving me! Amen!

No comments: