Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Renewing Me in Him. By Kim Matsukawa

SCRIPTURE: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2

OBSERVATION: The price of Jesus paid was a high one and all that He asks for in return is a sacrifice of our body and mind to Him. He asks us to take care of ourselves and to constantly renew our minds.

APPLICATION: The season before brought me to question how much I have missed because I failed to take care of myself in mind and body. So in this season, I became more physically active and took a critical thinking class. Paddling became a great help in my ability to lose a few pounds, giving me confidence in myself. The class has allowed me to think outside of my own little world and giving me the fervor to want to learn more. Each of these things would not have been possible without knowing that God's got my back. He can help me through anything. As I continue to renew myself in Him, I yearn for more knowledge about Him.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I thank You for being with me every step of the way. I ask forgiveness for taking so long and ask for Your continued guidance in the season to come. Thank you for this season of helping me to grow. I look forward to spending more time at Your feet. Amen

2 comments:

Kamu Sing said...

Love your devo Kim!

Unknown said...

Kim: This is one of my favorite verses. I particularly like the way you applied it to life and the reminder that God does help us through anything. Thanks for sharing. Jan