Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Heart Felt Living. By Pasotr Jan Tomai

SCRIPTURE
“For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing." Romans 6:18

OBSERVATION:
God must sometimes tire of our lives. It isn’t the thoughts that we think but the the words that we speak about others and the actions we perform that tells of this inability to overcome sin in our lives. I think that is why God gave grace to each of us--to sustain our life when we do what we do not want to do and to protect our thoughts, words, and actions toward others when they do what was not meant as an offense. Our sinful side wants to assume that others’ intentions are not meant for good.

APPLICATION:
So many times, I can think about things I have done that I did not want to do causing unintended offense. If the grace were not there, I would find life futile and un-meaningful for where would I go to find forgiveness. And, how would I keep my thoughts, words, and actions pure before the Lord when others offended me? At first it seems complicated, but it isn't. It is the daily walk to hear God and receive freely what He gives us.

PRAYER:
Lord thank you for your relentless, undeserved grace. Help me to use it with love and heart-felt intention not allowing a place for the enemy to reside in my life.

No comments: