Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, June 29, 2009

UNDIVIDED. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Psalm 86:10-13

OBSERVATION

David is a man that understands the love and mercy of God. He knows the importance of knowing God's ways, not just as an intellectual exercise, but as a practical way of living. He knows what it feels to have a divided heart and to lack consistence between what we know and what we do. David knew God's instructions, yet he found himself walking in deception. He knew the path of truth, yet he detoured often and walked in his own desires. For him, God's love is not just big enough to forgive all his sins. David knew that God's love was powerful enough to change his heart.

APPLICATION
In my spiritual journey, I continue learning about the amazing love of God for me. Even though I do wrong things and I'm insignificant before God, His love reaches me by dealing effectively with my sin and by making me significant. But His love goes beyond all this. God does not only accepts me how I am. He is truly committed to show me His ways, to guide me in the path of truth, and to create a consistent heart in me. Like I say to other people, "God loves you just the way you are, but He loves you too much to leave you that way."

Knowing the truth means nothing if I don't live the truth. I know many things, what I must do and what I must not do. However, sometimes I have a divided heart and I lack consistency in doing what I believe. I need to fight daily the tendency of my heart to be divided. I want to partner with God in having a heart that is 100 % dedicated to His ways 100 % of the time. I'm yet to see great miracles of the power of God's love in my own life.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I'm desperately seeking you with a sense of awe and humility. Please forgive me for my divided heart and for being a poor steward of your wisdom. I know how I am supposed to live according to your ways, yet I default to what I want to do anyways. Help me to apply the truth that I know very well to all my daily affairs and give me an undivided heart. Give me your strength to become the husband, the father, the leader, and the man you want me to be. Amen!

No comments: