Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

MY STRENGTH. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
"Now all glory to God, who is able to make you strong, just as my Good News says."
Romans 16:25

OBSERVATION
The message of the Gospel does not only proclaim salvation. It also includes provision of strength. Why do we need it it? Well, strength is necessary in many ways in our Christian walk. We need strength to deal with the storms of life. We need strength to defeat daily temptations. We need strength to endure quitting points. We may have many good intentions, but without strength coming from the Lord, we don't have the stamina to overcome. We need to receive the promise of the Gospel in which God is able to make us strong. We are not able on our own, but He is more than able to make us stronger, especially where we have weak points and vulnerable areas.

APPLICATION
I am not able to make me strong. I can try so many things to improve my strength, but only God is able to make me strong. I often feel frustrated for my lack of emotional, physical, mental, and even spiritual strength. And even though I know that only God is able to make me strong, for some reason I keep trying on my own. I don't seek first the promises of the Gospel and default to my own efforts for strength. This is the reason why I set myself for failure.

My journey with God is not easy. Jesus promised that when we follow Him, we all carry a cross that seems sometimes heavier and heavier. At those moments we need to depend in the One who is able to make us strong. That's how we experience His daily presence and power in our lives.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for reminding me where I can find strength beyond mine. Please forgive me for depending in my efforts alone and for not depending in you to make me strong when I feel weak. Please let me experience this power and strength consistently in my life. You are my strength, and you are able to make my strong. Amen!

No comments: