Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

THAT ONE THING. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
"Because of what you have done, the Lord is very angry with you. Even so, there is some good in you, for you have removed the Asherah poles throughout the land, and you have committed yourself to seeking God."
2 Chronicles 19:2-3

OBSERVATION
King Jehoshaphat was a good king. He did many wonderful hings, yet he made one big mistake. He made an alliance with the bad guys. He welcomed and embraced wicked people. The context indicated that he did this out of political gain. He trusted in his smarts as a politician and diplomat, but not in the Lord. Jehu the prophet pointed out that God was angry at him for doing that. And this alliance almost cost Jehoshaphat his life.

APPLICATION
We can be doing everything right before God, yet there is one thing, that one thing, that erases everything we have worked so hard for. One mistake can ruin lots of progress. That one thing can destroy our lives and ruin everything around us. That's why we must be thankful that because of the sacrifice of Jesus in the cross, all our wrongdoings, even the effects of that one thing, all the anger of God towards me has been taken care off. I cannot deviate from trusting in the provision of the cross to deal with God's anger in my life. Certainly, I need to be careful from making the wrong alliances with wickedness. Jesus died for me, not so I can go ahead and allow that one thing to go unchecked in my life. Jesus died to set me free from that one thing. And all my joy and blessings depend on my unchanging trust in God's way to deal with that one thing.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, I cannot thank you enough for your sacrifice at the cross. God would be very angry at me right now if it wasn't that you step into my life, took the blame for my sin, and received the punishment in my place. Please help me to live always strong and confident that your love is more than enough to deal correctly with my sin. Let me put my trust in you at all times, not only when I do bad things, but also when I do good things. I'm blessed with salvation not because my good works. I'm saved because of what you have done for me. I love you Lord. Help me to live in a way that honors you and reflects the freedom that your power brings. Amen!

No comments: