Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE FRUIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11

OBSERVATION
I cannot avoid to think about the wonderful people of NHDH when I read this chapter. They have been my partners in the ministry, spreading the Gospel in this community and in other parts of the world. I really want God's best for each one of them. Paul's prayer reveals a pattern of what really matters in a community of believers. First, that their love grows in such a way that overflows with wisdom beyond theirs so they can dedicate their lives to what is best, pure, and blameless. And second, that they are filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes thorugh a genuine relationship with Jesus.

APPLICATION
These are defenetely good prayer points when praying for other people. But also they are good indicators of my own spiritual progress. If my love for people doesn't abund and grow, then I will have a hard time discerning waht is right. When our motives are based on genuine love, our actions will be the best, pure and blameless. Many times people choose for second's best becasue they are motivated for something else but love. Also, the fruit of righteousness in my own life is a good indicator of my relationship with Jesus. If the fruit is not righteousness, I must be diligent to seek the Lord with hunger and thirst for His righteousness. The more time I spend with Him, the more of His nature will be embraced in my own nature. I need to soak myself in His presence and let Him fill me up until it overflows. The more I live this way, the more glory I will bring to God.

PRAYER
Dear Jesus, let me seek you with passion. Let me have a hunger and thirst for you llike never before. Fill me with the fruit of righteousness that only comes form you. And also let me serve people motivated by sincere love. I don't want to miss the best, waht is pure and blameless, because I'm distracted with other things.

No comments: