Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

WISE SEED PLANTING. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
Remember this - a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
2 Corinthians 9:6

OBSERVATION
As Paul encourages the Corinthian church for their generosity towards the poor in Jerusalem, He delivers great principles of wise living. The principle of sowing here can be applied in many areas of our lives. If we plant few seeds, we should not be expecting a big crop. But if plant many seeds, a big harvest will come as a reward. In God's economy, what we receive from Him comes in direct proportion of what we bring to Him. The same measure that we use to be generous towards others will be the same measure God will use to be generous towards us.

APPLICATION
When I look into the huge scale of people's needs, especially those hit with extreme poverty, I cannot avoid to be skeptic about the effectiveness of the seeds I'm planting. But God reminds me that He uses the seeds that I plant to develop the measuring system He will use to bless me. I'm not giving away with a teaspoon. My measurement is bigger than that. I plant seeds with some level of sacrifice. I'm not going hungry in order to be generous, but I'm sacrificing certain privileges for the sake of the poor. I know that God is pleased and He loves my cheerful giving. But also I need to expect that in the same way God is going to take care of my needs. I don't need to be afraid of provision because God is using a generous measurement to bless me. And that brings a lot of hope during difficult times.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you for teaching me the principles of wise giving. Please let me always be mindful of the seeds that I'm planting and to expect the proportional rewards from your abundance. Give me a bigger heart for the poor, to find creative ways to rescue them from their condition, and more opportunities to mobilize champions for the needy and the poor of this world. Amen!

No comments: