Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, April 17, 2009

GOD IS OUR STRENGTH. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who sows me unfailing love.
Psalm 59:16-17

OBSERVATION
It was not fun for David to become an outlaw and a target of the most powerful man in the land. King Saul was after David's life, tried to pin him to the wall with a spear, raided his home, and forced him to be on exile. And in the midst of such life storm, David decides to sing before God. No wonder David is a man after God's heart. Regardless of the opposition and size of his troubles, he decides to praise the name of the Lord with all of his might. Why he does that? Skeptics may say that those religious practices made him feel better. Historians may say that he was trying to establish a new tradition. But a disciplined student of the Scriptures will discover that David's actions were a pure response of his inner conviction about his source of strength. That was God himself. David had no pedigree, alliances, or resources to deal with his trials. He only had God. The Lord was His strength. And he renewed his heart with strength through sincere worship-singing praises and giving thanks when others would complain and run away from God.

APPLICATION
David shows me a clear pattern for me to follow regarding dealing with my life storms. My attitude may be confident in the Lord but I can see the enemy slowly stealing away my strength when I neglect sincere moments of worship. I don't have to wait until the weekend to be at church and praise the Lord. I can interrupt my day, sit on the piano, or grab my guitar, or interact with my ipod and worship the Lord. As I worship Him, I can see how my heart melts away doubts, my complains, and my fears.

It's the natural human thing to get discouraged, weak, and weary. But if I allow God to be my strength, I know that I can walk though my storms with supernatural power. He is all I need. He is my strength.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for being the reliable and never failing source of my strenght. Let me respond to your call to worship, specially when it's just between you and me. Teach me how to become aman after your own heart. You are my strength! Amen!

No comments: