Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

GOD WITH US. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
David continued to succeed in everything he did, because the Lord was with him.
1 Samuel 18:14

OBSERVATION
David's secret for success was not only in his personal abilities and skills. It all came from God's presence in his life. David's life was about making sure that God's favor and presence where always with him. He was loyal to his superiors, airing on the side of being naive. Someone else would have quit and leave Saul's court after being a spear target twice.

APPLICATION
Success is never ending when God is with us. That's why I need to believe in His promise of companionship and favor because of my relationship with Jesus. Success is consistent for those who walk with Jesus and obey his instructions. The presence of the Lord is everywhere, but it manifests where is welcomed. More favor will come in my life when I live according o God's plan. I must make sure that my life is all about entertaining God's presence in me, not about entertaining my own desires.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, today I want to renew my covenant to honor your presence in my life. Of course I want success to be a constant experience in my life, but I don't want it according to the definitions of this world. I want the success You define as a constant walk in obedience according to our will for my life. Help me to be confident like David always was! With Your presence in me I will have favor, grace, and victory in all areas of my life. You are with me. But I need to be with You also. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: