Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Friday, May 30, 2008

TRUSTING IN GOD'S POWER. By Pastor Fernando.

Scripture:
For everything comes from Him; everything exists by His power and is intended for His glory. To Him be glory evermore. Amen.
Romans 11:36

Observation:
Paul’s context in this passage is to live depending in God’s grace, never loosing our trust in Him, always fixing our eye in the sacrifice of Jesus, not in our own works. This verse is the conclusion of this chapter and highlights the supremacy of God. Paul ants us to live humble before God because everything comes from Him, not form my hard work; everything exists by his power, not by my power; and all the blessings and favor of God is intended for His glory, not mine. This entire chapter warns us of the possibility of loosing our focus in God because we place our focus on ourselves. The more God uses us and blesses us, the more we need to shine the spotlight on Him.

Application:
How easy is to loose my focus form God and place it on me! During this season of fruitfulness, I’m reminded of the importance of placing my trust in God first in all my dealings. Every single blessing I have comes because of His grace, not because my efforts. I don’t deserve his kindness. The more I recognize this basic principle in my life, the more I will see the power of God flowing in my life and ministry, because everything comes by his power.

This week I got together with Jerry and Kimberly Dirmann, a married couple that are partners in the ministry. They are pastors of a great church in Southern California called, “The Rock.” Kimberly reminded me of this principle with great passion. She told me that very often we do ministry in our own power because we stop trusting in the power of God. Many leaders end up burned out because they work hard on their own power, not in the power of God. Jerry reminded me that our Lord’s yoke is easier, and His burden is light. The first sign that we are not putting our trust in God’s grace is when we feel the weight on our shoulders. We cannot create impact with our lives and ministries on our own power. We need to depend in God;’s power. We cannot steal His glory when He uses us to advance His kingdom. We must keep trusting in His favor upon our lives and expect His power to flow freely and effectively in our lives.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, the lsat thing I want to do in my life is to do my assignment independent from your power. More than ever before, we need your power during this season. Please help me to keep my eyes fixed on you, not in my good works or success. Help me to toil and work hard trusting in your power, not mine. Show me where I’ve been distracted and change my heart. Let me give you ALL the glory to you. I don’t want to take one iota of your glory for me. Use me for your glory, and for your glory alone. Amen!

No comments: