Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

DEPENDING ON THE LORD'S GUIDANCE. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
Because you Levites did not carry the Ark the first time, the anger of the Lord our God burst out against us. We failed to ask God how to move it in the proper way.
1 Chronicles 15:13

Observation:
After Uzziah’s tragic death when trying to move the Ark in a new cart, David was afraid of the Lord’s anger. He had to figure things out! David found in the Scriptures Moses’ instructions and realized that even though Israel had good intentions, they moved the Ark the wrong way. He and the leaders of israel failed to ask God how to move it the proper way. David makes the corrections necessary and instead of a new cart, he gets the Levites to carry the Ark on their shoulders. Moving the Ark was a serious task and needed to be done according to God’s way. Certainly, a brand new cart is very convenient and comfortable when carrying a heavy box. The new cart represents David’s way to do things. The problem is that God’s way was different. David learned an important lesson about dependance on the Lord’s guidance for all his dealings. He learned to ask, “Ok Lord, I have my way to do things, but I want to do them your way, not mine.”

Application:
We need to depend on God on every move we take, not because we are stupid, but because God is in the driver’s seat. I need to learn to trust Him at all times. His ways are better than my ways. I need to develop an automatic dependency on God’s instructions on how to move my life and in how to move His church. Unfortunately, this dependency is not automatic, it need to be intentional every single day. I need to seek diligently in His Word what He wants me to do. It’s very important that I recognize at all times that even though I have certain gifts of discernment and wisdom, those gifts function under the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I cannot take the gifts and run away from God to use them. They will be worthless. Those gifts work when I’m depending on the source. I cannot be deceived and think that my gifts will be effective when moving on my own.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for calling me to move the Ark, to serve your people, and to guide my life in the right path. Please teach me to depend on you in every move and in every step. I need to hear your voice and your instructions to move according to your will. I don’t want to fail to ask You to move my life in the proper way. Please never let me fall in the trap that makes me think that I can move my life and ministry without you. Amen!

No comments: