Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

KEEPING THE GOSPEL AS GOOD NEWS. By Pastor Fernando

Scripture:
Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
Romans 1:5

Observation:
We have been given authority to preach the Good News of how God reconciles people to Himself. According to Paul, this is a privilege that we cannot take lightly. The fruit of this calling is people that believe and obey God’s plan for their lives. If we take this privilege seriously, and if we are doing under the authority of God, then people will put their faith in God and they will follow His ways. Preaching the gospel is very simple! It’s about giving hope to those that are disappointed; it’s about strengthening the weak; it’s about encouraging the downcast; and it’s about bringing life to the lifeless soul.

Application:
This passage confirms the style and DNA of my sharing of the Good News. Some other well intended brothers and sisters may want to present a version of the Gospel from a perspective that highlights legalism, or that spreads fear of going to hell, or that looks down at their current condition. Such Gospel may contain the truth, but doesn’t bring good news. I want to focus my life and my style in proclaiming the love of God in His Son Jesus and how we can be reconciled with Him. I don’t want to use the few words I have the privilege to speak to people to be negative, or to accuse, or to attack other people. I want to preach the Gospel and be known more for what I stand for rather than be known for what I stand against. I want to keep the Good News as good news. And I want people to believe them and obey them not because they are afraid of negative consequences, but because they are motivated by the rich blessings they will find when yielding to it.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to focus in the blessings of the Gospel and to be a champion in preaching the Good News of how you reconcile people. Let me be known for the hope I bring to people with my preaching, not by the fire and commotion I could cause by blaming, accusing, and attacking other people’s views. Lost people in this world are more open to hope than to condemnation. So let me preach boldly your message of reconciliation in such a way that people come to you motivated not by fear, but by love and appreciation for your grace. Amen!

No comments: