Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

WITH DESPERATION. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Lamentations 2:19

Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at the head of every street.

OBSERVATION

Jeremiah is grieving over the destruction of Jerusalem. Everything that once was dear was devastated. As he laments for this tragedy, he encourages the people to seek the Lord now like never before. He warned them about this destruction before it happened, hoping for them to repent and change their ways. But they continued in their rebellion. Now he hopes that after the destruction of the city and the fulfillment of his prophecies, their hearts are soften and ready to seek the Lord. But he instruct them to seek God once again with an increasing passion an desperation.

APPLICATION

Our tendency is to seek God with passion and desperation when we are in major trouble. We shouldn't wait for destruction to come at our doorsteps for us to seek the Lord. We need to develop a heart that is always willing to seek God, not only when we are facing difficulties, but also when we are enjoying fruitfulness.

In my own life my tendency is to be desperate for God when I'm desperate about life. Sometimes I wait until the last minute to pour out my heart like water in the presence of the Lord. I need to learn how to be more proactive in seeking the Lord with desperation, to remain in the offensive and not in a constant defensive mode.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for not seeking you in the way I should. lately, I've been very passive about what's going on around me. This season is crucial in several fronts in my life, so I've been fasting and praying. But my intensity spiritually needs to go to next level. Help me to seek you with such passion and desperation now, and not just when difficult times arrive. Amen.

No comments: