Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, September 27, 2010

THE PROMISE OF GREATER GLORY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Haggai 2:9
"'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty.'"

OBSERVATION
In this passage the Lord is promising an amazing blessing. For years the people of Israel prioritize the reconstruction of their own homes, but neglected the temple. But if the people prioritize building the Temple, God promised to pour out His glory in a greater way than before. And the former glory experienced at the Temple when Solomon dedicated it was over the top. God always wanted to give greater blessings to His people. as long as they submit to His plan and will.

APPLICATION
In my own understanding of this passage, I cannot avoid thinking that in the New Covenant my soul is the living temple of the Holy Spirit. As we look at the condition of such temple, we need to look for places of differed maintenance, areas where neglect is evident, and situation that defile and bring corruption to the temple of the Lord. This ear God gave us the blessing of purchasing a home. We are very thankful for it. However, the past owners neglected some issues of maintenance in this house. Slowly we have been taking care of this issues one by one. It's a lot of work to do, but if we want to keep our home livable, we need to be intentional about taking care of it.

In my own temple, I can see many areas where my own neglect has become evident. In the past I experienced amazing moments of God's glory, and sometimes I think that I would never reach that level again. But this promise in Haggai gives me hope to expect a greater glory than the former. There is more form God for my life. And as I become more intentional about restoring this temple, I will see God's promise being fulfilled in my on life.

PRAYER
Dear Heavenly father, thank you so much for this promise that brings me hope for greater things ahead. Please forgive me for the differed maintenance in your house, for allowing corrupted things in your house, and for neglect the proper care of your house. please renew my heart and stir my will to prioritize the ministry of my own heart. Make my heart your home once again, and let it be more glorious than ever before. Shine your face upon me and bring me to new vistas and greater intimacy with you. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: