Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DRY BONES. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Ezekiel 37:4-6
4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' "

OBSERVATION
This prophecy from Ezekiel is one of the most significant ones in the the history of the people of God. Ezekiel foretells the undeserving outpouring of God's grace over Israel as God himself brings life again to the nation of Israel. In Jewish mindset, dry bones were the strongest sign for desolation, hopelessness, and godlessness. This strong picture describes perfectly where they were emotionally, spiritually, and even physically. But God's promise challenges that reality.

APPLICATION
During this season in my life I want to look into the areas where it feels like a field of dry bones. What it used to be alive and functional has become dead. But I have hope today. I need a powerful blow of the breath of God in those areas. I need to come to life as the presence of God does a miracle of resurrection. My devotion for God sometimes feels like a field of dry bones. The only way I can come to life again is not by my own efforts and religious routines. I truly need an infuse of the Holy Spirit into my life.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, today I come to you seeking more of your presence in my life. Please breathe on to me the breath of life. Turn my dry bones into a new healthy body that gives glory to your name. Give me a new heart so I can follow you wholeheartedly. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: