Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

THE PRINCIPLE OF AUTHORITY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Zechariah 3:7
"This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: if you follow my ways and carefully serve me, then you will be given authority over my Temple and its courtyards..."

OBSERVATION
Zechariah is ministering to Jeshua, the high priest, and delivers a prophetic word containing an amazing promise from God. This promise is about a divine flow of authority over the things of God, but it comes with a condition. It requires obedience and faithful service to the house of the Lord. And in verse 8, Zechariah says to Jeshua... "you are symbols of the things to come." Just like many passages of the OT, this verse has important implications today for all those who serve the Lord.

APPLICATION
I like to be in authority over my house, not becasue I'm a control freak, but because I can see God's anointing flowing through me to provide emotional security, spiritual direction, and physical resources to my family. There is harmony when authority is steward well. But when I've been a guest in someone else's house where I'm not in authority, and there is chaos all around, I want to take over and lead. However that authority hasn't been given to me. The same principle works in the kingdom of God. Authority flows from God when we line up in his will through obedience and faithful service.

As an individual, I need such authority to rule over God's temple, my body, my mind and my heart. The fruit if the Holy Spirit is self-control, and it easily flows when we are under authority. As a head of my family, I need such authority to love and serve them like Jesus would. But I could easily loose my command post if I walk away from the flow of divine authority. And as a shepherd of God's people, I need that authority, no to manipulate others, but to guide them to the fresh waters and green pastors God wants us to go.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for setting effective principles to live blessed lives. I have to admit that I violated this principle and I have lost grip of my authority. I may not loose my title or position, but the authority, the favor I have with people to motivate them and mobilize them. Please restore my heart so self-control flows naturally in my life.

No comments: