Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

FAITHFUL REWARDS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE - Psalm 128:1-4

Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.

OBSERVATION
The fear of the Lord has great rewards in eternity, but also in this world. Walking in God's ways prepares an atmosphere where blessings are abundant and family relationships thrive. Many men, even non believers, would love to have such lifestyle. They want the rewards but they don't want to pay the price. Somehow we want to walk on our own ways and expect the rewards of those who walk in God's ways. What a great deception!

APPLICATION
Sometimes I wonder, "What did I do right to be so blessed?" I enjoy what I do for a living, God has given me unprecedented favor with other people, my family life is very rewarding, and generally speaking, my life overflows with blessings. Certainly, the decisions I made in the past about living according to God's ways has paid off. However, today's decisions and tomorrow's decisions could change my life's outcome in a swift way. The great blessings I have today can be spoiled if my fear of the Lord - my desire to walk in God's ways - is compromised. Every day I face decisions where I must choose my way of Gods way. And my way is usually easier and more appealing, but it will damage my relationship with God. I need to stay away from anything that has the potential to ruin my relationship with the Lord.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for all the amazing and abundant blessings you have poured into my life. I don't deserve your grace and mercy. Yet, because of your unfailing love, you have given me more than I could ever imagine. Please help me to steward well all those blessings by staying closer to you, by following your ways, not my ways, and by staying away from the things that could separate me from you. My decisions affect the lives of those who I love the most. And out of love for you and for them, keep me always in your ways. Let me surrender my fears, my flesh and my sinful desires before you. Let me become a man after your own heart. Amen!

No comments: