Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

REWARDS OF OBEDIENCE. By Pastor Fernando.

SCRIPTURE
18 Then Jeremiah turned to the Recabites and said, “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘You have obeyed your ancestor Jehonadab in every respect, following all his instructions.’ 19 Therefore, this is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘Jehonadab son of Recab will always have descendants who serve me.’
Jeremiah 35:18-19

OBSERVATION
God uses the Recabites way of life as an example of obedience and sets a pattern of rewards for anyone who is willing to follow the same lifestyle. Because of their obedience, they created a legacy of service before God. Just like the Levites did, the Recabites were about to enjoy a special favor from God exclusive of those who serve Him. They had no wrries about living arrange,ents becasue God Himself always took care of them. They never have to worry about food becasue God Himself took care of their hunger. An dmore than anything, serving God guaranteed constant access to His presence and fellowship. Obedience really pays off in ways that sometimes people underestimate.

APPLICATION
This morning I'm coming back from a long family vacation, ready to resume my normal schedule and the responsibilities of my calling. I'm refreshed and ready to continue blazing a fresh trail God is preparing for me, my family, and our church. However, I cannot be distracted by the tasks and neglect the areas where my full and immediate obedience is required. In my own personal assesment and self-evaluation I cannot see an intentional area of disoebience like the Israelites have. But what I can see are areas of compromise where I'm too slow to make radical changes. They are like loose ends that continue putting me in situations where I will be vulnerable to fall. The very basics of my relationship with God cannot be neglected. They need to be restored to full capacity. Especially, my time in God's presence to be nurtured by His holiness, to be embraced by His grace, to be consumed by His compassion, and to be instructed in the ways I shoud go.

PRAYER
Dear heaveny Father, I don't want to miss the rewards that a swift and consistent lifestyle of obedience will bring into my life. I don't want to loose my caling of service and compromise the legacy for generations to come. Let me become more obedient like the Recabites. Let me follow their example. Help me to put my home in order, to tie all loose ends, and to move forward in sincere and swift obedience to all your promptings and instructions. Amen!

No comments: