Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

DEALING WITH POST-SIN DARKNESS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.
Psalm 143:8-10

OBSERVATION
King David is depressed as he writes this psalm. He has been defeated by his enemies and he describes how he has been forced by them to live in darkness. He is loosing hope and he is paralyzed with fear. He remembers the past where he lived a better life with God giving him victory over his enemies. And David wants to return to those days. He prays passionately, lifting his hands, seeking God once again in desperation. Then he prays from the heart these verses and pleads for protection and restoration. He is at the end of his rope and he doesn't know where else to go.

APPLICATION
Very often we find ourselves in the same predicament David was when he wrote this psalm. We see how the enemy of our souls has chased us, knocked us to the ground, and forces us to live in darkness. The enemy will use anything to bring us down: our impatience, our lack of endurance, our sufferings, and especially, our own sin. The enemy not only causes us to sin, but also uses our sin to inflict a greater damage. This post-sin state is very painful. At those moments, we need to learn from David and from the way he prayed to God.

First of all, we need to make an effort to seek the Lord. At those moments of shame and remorse, we think a lot, but we don't bring our presence before God. We need to find that secret place where we can lift our hands and cry out to the Lord. We need to experience God's presence like never before. We need to find that prayer closet where we can focus completely in God power and pray the way David did. As we put our trust and faith in those words that we pray and as we bring our hearts sincerely before God, the power of restoration will invade our lives and we will be rescued from the post-sin state of darkness and despair.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for the many times I'm in the floor, forced to live in darkens in a post-sin state, and being distracted from seeking your presence. I need you in my life and all I do is to neglect or avoid your presence. I need to be diligent to find my secret private prayer closet where I can lift my hands without distractions and open my heart completely before you. Help me Lord to overcome those moments of despair and defeat. Help me to have the life you always intended for me. Amen!

No comments: