Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Monday, August 31, 2009

FULFILLED VISIONS. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
21 The word of the LORD came to me: 22 "Son of man, what is this proverb you have in the land of Israel: 'The days go by and every vision comes to nothing'? 23 Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am going to put an end to this proverb, and they will no longer quote it in Israel.' Say to them, 'The days are near when every vision will be fulfilled. 24 For there will be no more false visions or flattering divinations among the people of Israel. 25 But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious house, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "
Ezekiel 12:21-25

OBSERVATION
The skepticism people had about God's revelations was off the charts. They were thinking, "God likes to cry out 'wolf' a lot. He keps warning us about imminent destruction and it's not happening." They even made up a mocking proverb to make their point. And eventually, God's vision of destruction came to pass and the people of Israel suffered. They had a great chance to believe and repent, but they blew it away because of their skepticism. They learned that God always fulfills the true visions He gives to His people. In this case, the visions were about destruction. But the same can be said about the visions of restoration.

APPLICATION
The danger of skepticism over the visions of destruction is that also affects our perception about God's revelation of restoration. God's vision of healing and restoration is greater than any doom and gloom revelation. When God promises growth, healing, hope, and restoration, He means what He says, and He will fulfill those visions, regardless of our skepticism. He is faithful to accomplish what He reveals in visions. And if He promises blessing, He will work through it all, at the right time, to bring forth His blessings.

There have been some visions, some revelations from God about my life, where I have been loosing hope for. My level of skepticism has been growing. But this morning I'm reminded that God is faithful to his promises. He will finish the good work He started in me. He will give me a new and better heart to follow Him and love Him. He will bring healing where there is brokeness. He will bring provision where I don't have enough. And He will give me wisdom when I'm indecisive or lost. He will fulfill the vision without delay. Great blessings are around the corner.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for the small amounts of skepticism sometimes I allow in my mind. They may be insignificant, but I don't want to harbor them in my heart. Please help me to put all my truyst in you and how to increase my faith in the viosions you have revealed in my personal life, for my family, for the ministry and for the church. Greater things are ahead of us. You are faithful and you will fulfill your promises without delay. Help us to be prepared to receive those blessings in a way that honors you. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: