Doing Devotions Together

We want you to take a look at what God is speaking to our church staff! This blog will help you to be encouraged by what others journal about. Also, it will assist you as you improve the way you journal. We use the SOAP system (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). To learn more about how the SOAP System works when doing daily devotions and journaling, click here!

Feel free to post some comments! We would love to interact with you and help you to learn how to be mentored directly by the Holy Spirit!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

THE BLESSINGS OF TRANSPARENCY. By Pastor Fernando

SCRIPTURE
But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, cleanse us from all sin.
1 John 1:7

OBSERVATION
The key for significant and authentic relationships is transparency. When living in the light, there is no secrets, no shame, no hidden agendas, no selfish motives, no bitterness, and no lies. When we create an environment where the light shines in every corner of our hearts, our fellowship with other people will be transparent, real, and the blood of Jesus will stick in our hearts and cover all our sin.

APPLICATION
When it comes to relationships, especially with those who are really close to us, we need to make sure that there is no interruptions to transparency. We must speak things in love rather than holding them. We must heal rather than hide. We must process our thoughts together and be objective when dealing with perceptions rather than making our mind about a person or a situation. Close relationships are the best scenario to learn how to be transparent and invade our hearts with the light.

There are close relationships in my life where I'm experiencing a kind of lack of transparency. On my side, I'm afraid that I will hurt them when I reveal what it's in my mind and instead of making things better, I will make things worse. And I think that the same feeling happens on the other side. We need to learn how to speak the truth in love. We need to overcome our fears and let God's light shine all the corners of our hearts.

PRAYER
Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to bring transparency in all my relationships, especially with those who are very close to me. Let me overcome my fears and give me wisdom to speak the truth in love, at the right time, with the right words. In Jesus name. Amen!

No comments: